Creating a budget for your wedding right after the holiday's can be a daunting thought, but coming up with a realistic budget is an important first step to planning your wedding. We've come up with some tips to help you create and stick to your budget.
1. Come up with your own percentage system on how much you want to spend for each category of your budget. For example, we've put together a "typical" wedding percentage budget system below:
Reception (venue & food/drinks): 47 percent. Ceremony: 2 percent
Attire: 10 percent. Flowers: 7 percent. Entertainment/Music: 8 percent
Photography/Videography: 10 percent. Stationery: 2 percent
Wedding Rings: 2 percent. Transportation/Lodging: 2 percent Gifts: 2 percent
Miscellaneous: 8 percent
This might seem tedious but breaking your budget down into smaller portions will make sticking to your budget easier and less intimidating rather than always looking the dollar signs as a whole.
2. Keep your receipts and have a running list of costs. Make an excel sheet and enter in spent amounts once a week (or as you spend). This is a great way to keep a running total of what you've spent without missing things you might have ordered online that don't come with an in-hand receipt.
3. Don't forget the small stuff costs too! When planning out your budget it is easy to factor in the big stuff like your dress, your photographer, the venue...but don't forget that the smaller details cost too! Such as, tips for your vendors, thank you cards, stamps, wedding shoes, bachelor/ette parties, marriage license, out of season flowers costing more, meals the morning/day of, taxes, etc.
4. DIY! Okay so this is awesome! DIY is actually trendy right now so this makes it so much easier to cut back on things when its actually 'cool' to do it yourself! Think about baking your own cake and desserts or making your own invitations for free online. There's endless amounts of DIY ideas on Pinterest to walk you through the how to.
5. Get back to the basics! Remember your day is about becoming one with your spouse and celebrating with the people you love. When you can get your thoughts back to those key components all the other details seem a lot less stressful.
Click here to book an appointment with us!