The sun is out and wedding season has begun! They make for beautiful pictures, lovely outdoor venues, fun refreshments, lawn games, and favours. As much as we love summer weddings we also know the weather can become an absolute scorcher, so we've come up with tips to help you beat the heat at your summer wedding!
- Keep your location in mind as you shop for a gown... If you are going to have your reception outdoors, remember that when you are dress shopping! You might want to go with tulle, chiffon, organza or a lighter lace when you're deciding on the perfect wedding gown. All of these will breathe and let air flow freely, keeping you a bit cooler!
- Think about your hair do. It might be best to settle on an undo for an outdoor wedding so you don't have to worry about your hair getting frizzy or sticking to the sides of your face on your wedding day.
- Include some fun refreshments. Summer is the perfect time for all those tropical drinks of even just some classic iced tea and lemonade and remember to buy more ice than you think you need! Make sure you have coolers of water for guests to grab as they please because there's no room for dehydration at your wedding!
- Don't assume your guest look at the weather. Be sure to tell your guests (on your wedding site or invitation) to dress appropriately. Have some sunscreen, bug spray and maybe some umbrellas for your guests to use at the reception. The last thing you want is people leaving or being plain miserable the whole day.
- Consider having a tent and fans. Making your guests comfortable is one of the things we have to think about when planning a wedding so if it's going to be a hot day, it might be a good idea to have a little oasis for guests to escape from the pounding sun rays.
- Be mentally prepared and have fun! Think about planning your ceremony a little later in the day once the sun is past centre sky. And if you know it's going to be a hot day and there's nothing you can do about it, decide ahead of time that you aren't going to focus on the heat instead grab a drink and get to dancing!